Absolutely. We offer SmoothPay which spreads your electricity payments evenly throughout the year, so you pay the same amount for your bill each month. This takes the sting out of winter bills and allows you to budget your expenses much better. If you would like to add SmoothPay as your payment option, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we help?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay the same amount every month?
- How do I set up a Direct Debit?
What’s the difference between a Low User Plan and a Standard User Plan?
If you use less than 8,000 units a year (about 660kwh/month) at your primary residence, the Low User option may be best for you. This rises to 9,000 units (750kwh/month) in parts of the lower South Island.
- a lower daily fixed charge
- a higher variable charge for each unit of electricity you use. The Low User option is only available for your primary residence and not, for example, for a holiday home.
Standard User option
If you use more electricity, a Standard User option may be better.
- a higher daily rate
- a slightly lower rate for each unit of electricity you use.
Why is my bill an estimate?
There are a couple of reasons why your bill may have been an estimate:
- The meter reader may not have had access your property
- We might have received an actual read for your electricity but not for gas, so we have estimated your gas usage (or vice versa)
- If you have a smart meter, it may not have been communicating on the scheduled billing date
Please note, your estimate read will be corrected when you get an actual read the following month, so there is no need to generate a new bill. Your next bill from us will be based on an actual read and any difference between your last actual read and your next actual read would be balanced out.
- How do I order an LPG refill?
Still need help?
The easiest way to get in touch with us is by email.Email